How do you maximise your battery life? Should you constantly charge your battery? Should you keep your battery installed even when your laptop is plugged in? When should you replace your battery?
Here are the answers to these and other frequently asked questions, courtesy of “Lenovo’s Guide to Laptop Batteries”.
1. Maximise your battery life
- Dim the display when not connected to an AC supply
- Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use
- Disconnect unnecessary external devices such as USB flash drives
2. Keep your battery installed even when your laptop is plugged into a power source.
3. Do not constantly charge your battery. Reduce the maximum charge threshold if you connect your laptop to an AC supply most of the time.
4. When storing your extra battery, ensure there is at least 50% charge level, and store in a cool environment.
5. Keep your battery cool when in use to slow degradation.
6. Modern Li-ion batteries do not need to be fully charged and discharged because they do not suffer from memory effects.
7. A little obvious here – replace the battery when it can no longer hold a full charge, or when its actual run time falls significantly below its original run time.
Read or download “Lenovo’s Guide to Laptop Batteries” below: